Sunday, February 20, 2005

New Projects

Here is a pic of Brenden's Muffler. This is the very first scarf that I started. It took forever to finish because I got bored with the double seed stitch, then switched to garter.

muffler



Lana Grossa sweater front panel

sweater jacket



I spent last evening with the nicest and most fantastic people. We met at BnN Desert Ridge for a SnB meet. I even remembered their names. It's because I wrote them down. Cynthia, KiKi, Steve and Kate with their daughters. HA! There's two more, but I didn't write their names and so I forgot. DOH!
I learned how to take better pictures thanks to Kiki and Steve. Kiki found a book called Ebay Photos That Sell: By Dan Gookin and Robert Birnbach. I thumbed through it at BnN and wanted to take it home immediately. It was too expensive to purchase. So I'm searching for a better price.
Here's a sample of what I learned just by reading those few pages. I could not find enough batteries for my Kodak digital, so I had to use my Fuji. The Fuji disables auto focus when the flash is turned off. For the background I taped a long sheet of white shipping paper in front of a box. I used a daylight simulating bulb as a spotlight. The bulbs are also called full spectrum light. I was using it for my plants. Anyway, it allows you to see the true color of your object. I need lots of practice. This will be too fun. I gotta get batteries today! I'll stop by the store on my way back from IKEA.

a mound of yarn

1 comment:

Letoya said...

You can find them in any hardware store or a Walmart. I USED GE Reveal 60watts. Sylvania has a daylight bulb that I like using as a plant light. I need to get 75 or 100watts. Philips makes one too. high spectrum bulbs way more are expensive than daylight simulator bulbs. I will buy one sometime and compare them.

BUT I USED THIS BULB BEFORE TO HELP MY PLANTS AND IT WORKED BETTER.
SYLVANIA
YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET ANY OF THESE AT HARDWARE STORES
PHILIPS

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...