Tuesday, February 22, 2005

IKEA

Well,
I went back to IKEA after work yesterday, to buy plants. I left with plants plus! I bought a lamp but got the wrong bulbs, a cutting board, foam bulletin board, metal strips, paper magazine storage boxes, tension curtain wire with clips, fabric swatch, a dish brush and rubber gloves. I wanted a certain desk lamp but it was on way way backorder. I will not return to IKEA until I settle on a color scheme for my living room and dining room. I don't want to return any items that won't match my decor.
Knitting:
Well, I am behind in several projects. I have three unfinished scarves, two unfinished sweaters and one beanie. I want to start a pair of socks. I need more time off work so I can finish my stuff. I also have to finish my braided towel rug for the bathroom. I need to construct my sculpey needle point protectors. And prepare my bedroom furniture for painting. There is a lot more but the task list is already heavy. My moms surprise scarf knit kit is almost complete. I need to write the instructions and buy the correct needle size. I will put it in a nice clear plastic bag. Maybe, a mini backpack like kids carry to school. My mom does everything at the kitchen table like, pay bills, fold laundry and watch TV etc. I know the kit will end up on the kitchen table. I want her to see the unfinished scarf every time she walks into the kitchen. Anyway, I gotta get back to work. I have a trainee shadowing me. **sigh**

1 comment:

Creative Genius? said...

Oh cool - I bought Sculpty to make needle point protectors.... let me know how yours come out!

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...