Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Hit Me Baby!

Yes Baby! I've finished the cut-out turtle neck sweater. The yarn is Knit Picks Palisades. I can't remember the color, but that doesn't matter. KnitPicks doesn't sell Palisades or any other super bulky yarn anymore. It's a shame. Palisades was a joy to work with. It feels soft against my skin and responds well to three different needles sizes. It'll keep me warm this winter also. I used the pattern from The Leisure Arts Trendy Tops book. I like it and I'm going to make another one, as soon as I finish the edges on this one. [Deja Vu'?]
And yes, I got sheered. My hair is cut way short. *SIGH*




This is Leigh. He's been getting a lot of my attention lately. I can't blame myself. I like him, but not only because he respects me as a knitter. What more can a girl ask for? Plenty, but he has other admirable qualities too. He's wearing a beanie I made for him. He likes it a lot. I used Lorna's laces Shepard Bulky in Cami print #708. It's the softest beanie that I've ever constructed. Too bad Lorna's is so expensive. Here is another beanie made with Lamb's Pride Superwash Bulky. It's a prototype of my own design. I will publish the pattern for free as soon as I make a few changes.




I just received this in the mail. It's Noro Blossom. It's fabulous darling!



5 comments:

illanna said...

That's a hot tank top Letoya! See you soon!!!

Luscious Gracious said...

Jealous, of the yarn, the beanies, the top, and the boy. Damn. No wonder I haven't seen you lately....Just kidding. Your new hair, your new sweater, your new beau....Girl you look fabulous!
Love you, and I think that the cami print turned out much better than you expected. No fears, right? Enjoy the Noro goodness. You deserve it.
Love,
Kiki

Luscious Gracious said...

The Noro is beautiful.
Lily Grace

I WANT NORO!!!!!!!
Lucy Jane

Letoya said...

Reply to Lily's comment:
You can have anything of mine, Dahling!
Reply to Illanna's comment:
Hope to see you soon, Miss you!
Reply to Kiki's comment:
You don't have to be jealous of anything. I share remember?
I admit the cami print worked. I still think it could have been dyed differently for even better results.
Thank you very much!

TrueEpicure said...

I love your hair! It looked great on Saturday. How many balls of Palisade did that take? I have some that I have no idea what to do with.

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...