Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Needful Accessories

Friday, my friend Brenden came in from Denver for a weekend visit. He brought Wilma, a friend. After getting them settled into my apartment. We drove through the Biltmore Estates to show Wilma the mansions. Wilma works for Starwood Hotels. She wanted to see as many Starwood resorts as possible. Her company has a regional office at the Phoenician. She wanted to see that too! Then we walked around the shops at the Biltmore. I wore my confetti scarf from the SnB book and received a lot of complements. The Macy's sells clerk could not believe I made it. I love amazing people. I came away from Macy's with a Lesportsac L.A.M.B. bag.


rasta hobo

I previously searched the Lesportsac website for a cami print L.A.M.B. bag but everything is sold out. E-bay has them for almost fifty percent more than the retail price. I grabbed a bag then Wilma grabbed another and we beelined to the checkout counter. They were fifty percent off! What a deal! I wanted to buy more to sell on E-Bay but my budget was already busted from buying yarn. The clerk also said that Gwen Stefani may not design for Lesportsac's next collection. She was right. Lesportsac has it's own collection this season called Remix. It's nice. I didn't see any of these at Macy's. Their buyer is slacking off!
Later, Wilma told me that women have scarf parties in Denver. She says the scarves sell for seventy-five dollars! I was shocked. She loved my scarf and wanted one of her own. She refused to give me her address. She wasn't willing to wait for me to make her another scarf. So, she offered to buy my scarf for fifty bucks. I agreed. I don't miss it. I can make more. Fifty bucks buys a lot of Trendsetter eyelash on E-bay.
I want to go to one of these "scarf parties." I need to ask Wilma to find one.
I also finished Brenden's muffler so he could take it back to Denver with him. He loved it! It's bright red. I used Lamb's Pride worsted in red baron. I will have a picture soon.
Last night, I wanted to go to the SnB meet at Coffee Rush, but I didn't feel up to the drive. I may attend the meet on Friday because it's early enough to avoid traffic.
I started my sweater jacket last night after reading the Translated instructions numerous times.

sweater jacket

It is Lana Grossa Basics Modell No.2. The picture color is a little off. It uses Basics fancy print and Venezia yarn. It should knit-up fast. It requires the crochet poodle loop stitch. I absolutely need to learn how to crochet if I intend to use non-U.S. patterns. I have Canadian and German patterns that combine crochet and knitting. They don't seem to write patterns specifically designed for either knit or crochet as if it didn't matter.
Anyway, Lana Grossa has redesigned their website. The English version is much better.

cross posted in Ginean.

No comments:

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...