Thursday, May 07, 2009

Knitters, Photography and Flowers

This entry is for my knitting sisters and brothers who love plants and flowers. You know who you are and if you can help me identify some of this stuff I'd be grateful. I also have one question that may or may not have been asked before. Why do knitters love flowers and photography? It seems to go beyond the useful blog pic or simply liking pretty things. I don't think I really appreciated flowers until I became a knitter. I've always been interested in photography but I found it to be an intimidating and expensive hobby. Now I can't stop taking photos and I'm even more conscious of what people think. Help me out.

Some of you have already viewed Flickr but here's a few new pics. I wish I could've taken more but I was constanlty being told to come on and hurry up. It was also winter in Capetown. The next time I visit Capetown, I'll go with knitters during Spring.






















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi letoya,
The leaves poking out from the rock are Stachys byzantina. The common name is given variously as "lamb's ear" or "lamb's ears." So lovely to pet.
Thia

Anonymous said...

Oh and the first photo is Plumeria (common name Frangipani).
Thia

Letoya said...

Thanks Thia! It's a lovely little succulent. I saw a Plumeria tree at the mall here in Abu Dhabi but the leaves were more rounded. Hmmm....Is Plumeria known for versitility?

Anonymous said...

Maybe the mall Plumeria you saw was the mini type written about here:

http://www.junglejacksthailand.com/plumerias.html

What creative pursuits are you up to these days?

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...