Saturday, March 26, 2005

Intervention

Ok, While watching bravo this afternoon, I saw the preview for the show Intervention. And yes this is an entry about knitting. Ok, Intervention is a new reality show. They record the lives of people receiving intervention for things like drug and sex addiction. Heavy HUH! Anyway, not to make light of other peoples serious problems, there's something that been bothering me lately. Finishing my knitting projects in a timely manner. Now, is there an intervention for that sort of problem? I'm actually begging for one.
Self analysis:
Ok granted. I usually put down a project when it becomes a problem. Like I have two scarves in tangles and two sweaters that have hit a very minor snag. But that's all it took for me to put down my green cardigan so close to completion. It was so easy to put it down and pick up something new. Especially since Illanna brought me a new project book for my birthday. She made a cute stripped felted tote of her own design and I want to create one and put it in my new book as the first entry. See, the green cardi can wait. Right?! Oh well. Life's about compromise. So, that's what I'll do. No intervention needed. At least not for sex, drugs or unfinished knitting projects. Yarn buying maybe. UGH! Anyway, tonight I will finish the bottom of the tote bag, then pickup the green sweater and finish the sleeves. That's the plan. I'll tell you how it goes tomorrow.
KIKieeee!! I've been home one day and I'm already going nuts. I want to thank you guys for a wonderful birthday. I tried to get Anthony to try the Nutella. He screwed his face so tight, I thought it would get stuck. It was too funny! MEN! If it ain't steak and potatoes(or Illanna's cookies), they don't want any part of it. LOL! Anyway, I'll meet you poolside as soon as I'm physically able, maybe sooner. **SIGH**
Oh, Illanna, Anthony tore through your cookies like the tasmanian devil. He brought me one and ate two. I kicked him OUT! Can you believe it? He said he couldn't help it, he was listening when I made the comment about real butter. Don't worry, he'll be back. **another SIGH**

Not a cross entry.

1 comment:

illanna said...

Hey, no worries! You'll finish that bag in like, a DAY, and then you can go back to your green cardigan. I have 15 projects on my needles right now. Some have to be ripped, some have to be fixed, but eventually you will get through all those projects and you'll have another set of projects to give you a headache... Glad you are using the journal :) I pictured you being someone who would like to write in it.

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...