Thursday, November 18, 2004

Double Thursday

I finished my niece's ski hat and scarf set. It was difficult to block the scarf flat due to the fact that I used stockinette ST. It turned out OK. I know she will love it. I made her a bracelet and I need to finish the charm for her necklace. Then I will ship it. It is about 62 degrees in KC today so, it's not too cold yet. I have a little more time.
I almost finished my grandfather's beanie last night. I was decreasing the crown when I noticed a patch of loose stitches that turned out to be an error. I unraveled it halfway down. I will probably finish it at work today. I don't think he will like it. It's the beanie from the SnB book. It's a younger, less sophisticated style of beanie that covers the ear. My grandfather likes ball caps, Kangol Fedoras, and Billy hats. However, I think he will wear my beanie because I made it and because he's partial to warm wooly things. I still haven't gotten my grey wool military blanket back. He better be glad I can knit myself a new blanket! SHoot!
Anyway, I will knit my nephew's ski hat and scarf set next, while finishing other projects. My mom is still waiting for and orange poncho. **SIGH** I guess I will start looking for orange yarn on ebay. Thank goodness, my sister just wants a heating pad for Christmas! Her beaded charm bracelet and difusser oils, that she also asked for, are already packaged for shipping.

I finished the Sparkle hat from The SnB book. I don't like it. It doesn't look like the hat in the book. The hat in the book must be a slighly different pattern. I am sorely dissapointed. I will probably give it away, so It doesn't constantly remind me of how much I'm unhappy with it. **SIGH AGAIN**

No comments:

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...