Saturday, October 23, 2004

UGH!

I have medicine head from overdosing on Nyquil last night. Thursday I felt myself coming down with a cold, so on the way home I stopped and pick up Nyquil. It worked. It got rid of my sore throat and body chills. But I have medicine head. All I want to do now is sleep. Too bad I'm at work.
I haven't added the buckle to my belt yet. Maybe I'll do that after work today. I was debating on hand sewing or machine. Machine will do nicely. I will get a nice line like other belts.
All of my other projects are coming along nicely.
I got my yarn yesterday from Serendipity. It's really nice. You won't believe the colors. I also got my Boye needle set. I don't know if I like them. I should've kept the package they came in just in case I didn't like them. I could put them up for auction on Ebay. I think I like the Denise needle set better anyway. Ebay seems to have competitive prices for Denise and Boye. We will see.
What I really need is a DPN set. I finally took a picture of my finished scarf. I am proud of this scarf. I was able to construct it quickly without any errors. I am satisfied with its design. Good, it stays. It took about 75 yards of yarn. I used Red Heart Classic in black. And Joann's brand eyelash in plum? Joann's eyelash comes only in a few colors.

4 comments:

illanna said...

I looked at the ebay site- that yarn looks REALLY PRETTY! What are you going to make?

By the way, I saw you at Mama java's on wednesday but i didnt get a chance to say hi. I hope I get to see you again on november 3!

Letoya said...

I missed you too, because I don't know what you look like. I will have to purposely look for you on Nov 3rd. I got the yarn for this pattern. Winhara Poncho or Belle Star from the knitty.com. I can't wait to buy more. They ship very fast.

Creative Genius? said...

Hey there

I hope you're feeling better by now - and if not hopefully feeling better is right around the corner!

:-) Alison

Letoya said...

thank you both!

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...