Thursday, October 21, 2004

Funny. It doesn't feel like TGIF

I had a good time (as usual) at the SnB meeting last night. I wish that I could have stayed longer. I was glad that Brooke's mom was there she gave me a few pointers on beginning a quilt. I was so pleasantly surprised. I probably should have pulled out my pen and took notes but I was in shock and awe. Everything she gave me made sense, so I doubt that I will forget it. But in the off chance that I will forget, I will just write it down here. She told me to be mindful of my seam allowances so my quilt squares will be even. I should press all of my seams toward the same square color, which means pressing them inward. I should only cut a few squares at a time, just in case I make a mistake on the size. This will prevent wasting material. But she stressed the importance of gauging the exact seam allowance for every square. She even suggested basting the squares together before machine sewing. She was very helpful. I am very grateful.
Yesterday Shannon Let me use her car. It helped a lot. I was able to get to the SnB meeting in a timely fashion. I'm very short on time these days. I was frustrated yesterday because Joann's didn't have the double d-rings for my belt. They had the wrong size and the wrong tone. It was a relief that Judy had just seen double d-rings at Michael's. I was just there before the SnB meeting and never thought to look for them. I just assumed Joann's would have them. I went by Michael's after the meetings and sure-nuf they were there, just the ones I needed. I am happy. I can finish my belt now. HEHE!
Back to work now.

No comments:

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...