Friday, August 26, 2005

Tears 4 Spheres

Here's another finished Tears 4 Spheres bag. Can you tell Steve's a product of the MTV era or what? Really? This time I casted-on 52sts and added more holes for the drawstring. I'm going to add a handle and carry it as a purse. I learned a few things while making this bag. It opened my mind up to the many ways this pattern formula can be applied to kettle shaped designs. Can you tell it's getting close to Halloween? YAY! "Kettle" Get it? Anyway, I'm frogging the whole Winhara Poncho. I'm going to make my niece a sweater with the yarn. The poncho turned out to be a disaster. Details will be forthcoming in the next post.

Forgive the blurry picture. The auto focus was disabled and I couldn't keep my hand steady. I was going though cheese withdrawal.
Also below is an old picture of me. I can't remember how old I am in this picture. Can you guess? Obviously I was taken by surprise. I recall someone wanted to finish of a roll of film. If that picture was taken today, I could've been a boy with long braids. Let me explain a little more about this picture. The day this was taken, is very important to me. It captured a day I remember being happy. Of course I was happy to be at my grandparents house. I'm sitting at their kitchen table working on puzzles from the kids section of the Saturday paper. I remember it took awhile to get settled, because I had a hard time finding a pencil. Some things never change. I'm wearing a t-shirt my granny brought me from her Vegas vacation. It said,"My grandma went to Vegas and all I................." You know the rest of it. I didn't really like that t-shirt but I am wearing my favorite belt. That belt never needed to be adjusted because by this time, I was growing straight up. I'm wearing new jeans. This was the beginning of my love and appreciation for them. My mom had just started buying them for me. I don't know where the candy cane tube came from. It was nowhere near Christmas. Do you see the voter ID card? I remember being fascinated by it. I've been strangely fascinating with them ever since. So If I ever visit, just leave your voter ID card around and you'll make me instantly happy. To my knowledge "Normal" has never been an adjective used to describe me.


2 comments:

Luscious Gracious said...

ohmygodyoulooklikeyournephew....
This post should have been titled "Mini Me!" Love it!
kiki

Letoya said...

LOL! Good looks run in the family.

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...