Thursday, June 02, 2005

Project Pics




Here are pictures of my current projects. The turtleneck sweater is made from Knitpicks bulky weight 100% wool. I like knitting with it because you don't get a large degree of difference when switching needle sizes. The waistband was done using size 9 needles. My t-shirt was a size too small for me when I bought it. I pulled out my sewing machine and got to work. I added side panels and lace around the collar and armholes. I'm pleased with the results. I'll work on two more t-shirts this weekend. The tote bag is a test knit for SWTC. I'm using their new Karaoke 50% soy silk, 50% wool and worsted weight. It self stripes. They don't have a color card on the website yet. I've managed to get an idea from two other test knitters Allison and Stephanie . I love this stuff. It felts wonderfully. I will post another pic when it's completed.







turtleneck



t-shirt



tote bag

3 comments:

illanna said...

The t-shirt looks SO cool! Who is the turtleneck for? You've gotten so far on it already! You're the last knitdiva who hasn't made her halter cowl yet... not that there's anything wrong with that... I'm just saying! I am jealous that you get to work with the new SWTC yarn. I keep drooling over it when I see it :)

majamom said...

wonderful blog! i tried knitting twice this winter and really liked it, though i am clearly a novice I hope to get more lessons from my friend this summer. I like this idea of posting your projects on your blog. Love the shirt! Stop by anytime and say hello
MB

Luscious Gracious said...

AWESOME shirt!!!! I love it, and can't wait to see your other t's. And your green sweater is soooooo soft and pretty, tell everyone that it is even better in person. I am NOT going to harrass you about the KNitDIva challenge, because I may need you to drive me somewhere sometime.....I love you, kiki

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...