Thursday, January 27, 2005

Thursday

I had a good time last night at Mama Java's. It was great seeing my fellow knitters. I can't wait until the next one. I went home afterwards and knitted til 2am. I don't stay up late so I was seeing double by then. I will start a few new projects tommorrow. Friday will be my only day off work this week.
I spent this morning goofing around the house or playing with one of my many projects. The Tv was on in the background. The news was talking about an experiment battling depression by researching what makes happy people happier. A group of happy people were told to do certain things repetitively for a period of three months. They were asked to do things like journaling everything that you are grateful for on a daily basis. Or finding people and and thanking them for what they did that made a positive influence in your life. The control group was asked to do nothing. The study concluded that people who followed the regime were happier than the people who did not. The news also mentioned a book by Martha Beck. She is a life coach. The book is called The Joy Diet: 10 Daily practices For A Happier Life. It follows the same idea. I was so interested, that I immediately called the local book stores and put a copy on hold. The book tells you how to add more joy to your life by people who are already happy. I am not very receptive to self help. I can't even listen to Dr. Phil without getting agitated. This book incorporates journal writing into the joy making process. I can be very receptive to this idea. Anyway, I rushed into the shower so I'd have time to pick up the book on my way to work. I haven't opened it yet. I did skim through the pages. It's looks liks fun!

This entry is cross posted.

No comments:

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...