Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Size matters

I finished one side of my poncho and it's too small. Go Figure. It has two identical panels that will be joined togehter. So, instead of ribbing it, I started the other part of the poncho. I recalculated and added more stitches. When I am satisfied with the second panel, I will then rib the first panel and re-knit it, using the added stitches. I think it will work.
I want to add more pictures of my progress, but my apartment is dark during the day. I need to find a sunny spot somewhere. My pictures look better that way. **Shrug**
My friend's mom is translating a German pattern for me. The translation that came with it is too confusing. I will bring it to the next SnB meeting.
I am also having a hard time deciphering the Razor's Edge Poncho in the SnBN book. I went to the Crafters.org website to find other knitters who have completed the project. I found two people. The first person is just as confused as I am and another lady who finished the poncho. She posted pictures with her little girl wearing it. It almost fit the little girl. She looked about six years old. So, now I have an added problem. How do I alter the pattern for a larger person? I am a size twelve in the shoulders. I need extra length in the chest to accommodate my breast or the poncho will look like a midrift in the front an normal length in the back.
**Sigh**

No comments:

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...