Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Evolve/Redo

I've been staring at some of my past creations and wondering what to do with them. Some pieces can be easily recycled and others are already products of momentary genius and should remain as they are. These earrings were a little bit of both, but the design no longer fit my current aesthetics, so I redesigned them.


I'm happy with the results. I love the exotic look of the Bali beads, which are a works within themselves. I just choose my own special ways to display them. The drops represent a simple sophistication. I love the warm caramel color of the Chalcedony. 


And yes I'm aware that one earring is longer than the other. I haven't decided what, if anything, to do about it. They're handmade and imperfect just like the person who'd wear them.

No comments:

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...