Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Cast Heart Ring Save

This was created and inspired by a ring Grandma gave me back when I was in high school. I made a mold of it and cast it. The casting seemed to go well until I found a bubble in the crown when finishing it. I was so discouraged and wasn't sure of what to do with it, until now. I decided to cut another heart shape out of the crown, where the hole was uncovered. I just put the saw blade right in the hole and started cutting. It took me an hour and a half from start to finish and not one broken saw blade. With the size that it was cast, I knew it would be a perfect fit for a friend who I promised a ring.  I'm extremely happy with the save and will probably treat the other heart ring casting in the same manner.

 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait...does this mean no red jewel ring?

Letoya said...

I'm still trying to figure out that stone. It has a high base, so I scraped the previous design.

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...