Sunday, May 03, 2009

Baby Surprise Jacket

The BSJ by Elizabeth Zimmerman is finished. The baby doesn't have it yet but it's ok because he may not be big enough. The mother thought I was making booties. Um well maybe I can crank out a cute pair real quick. Although I used the BSJ DVD, the help pages on other blogs were invaluable. I can't wait to start another one.

Blocking:
After adding the buttons:

The buttons were a little too small, but I didn't have much to chose from at the time. I have to sew the holes smaller so the buttons won't slip out.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I like it! I made one last year without a collar and I have to say that the addition of the collar takes it to a better level. Nice!

Letoya said...

Thanks! The collar on this one is a bit manderin. It should still be comfortable for a chubby baby neck tho'.

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...