Thursday, August 23, 2007

Disorganized and Dusty

I believe in organization and a neat work area. Currently the truth of this statement isn't being practiced. The photo doesn't lie. In defense, I haven't worked at this table in months. It's about to become a place where I can neatly stack those storage containers with the gemstones. The actual work area will be about the size of one table setting. There's a lot of stuff in this room that isn't in the pictures. I have a closet full of yarn, paper and fabric. I also have a shelf full of book in my bedroom.



This is my jewelry worktable. It's MDF and a metal cart that I got at Goodwill for ten dollars. It works for now. I like my caddies and the soldering pan. I'll move it into the garage when it gets cooler. Then I'll set up a real shop. I'll buy another workbench and bolt a vise on top of it. I'll also look into buy a jewelers bench. Yes those are sawed off knitting needles. They are perfect for getting inside ring bands. I have another set for knitting. I also have a big shop fan on top of the counter for ventilation. The white towel isn't hiding anything I don't want you to see. It's covering my bench pin and rotary flex shaft. I'm drying a new project that was just washed. I don't use the kitchen for much cooking. But it's possible. Wine, cheese and raisins don't need cooking anyway.


No comments:

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...