Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Delayed Entry


















This blog entry is a year late. But I'm ashamed of not sharing, so better late than never. I felted this a very long time ago, back when I wasn't very good at lining bags. In fact, this project was a challenge from the very beginning. What was I thinking? God only knows. It all started when a fellow Stitch-n-bitch attendee, showed me her cute little felted striped bag. It was clutch size without a closure. She said that I didn't need a pattern because it was too easy. I had to knit a rectangle, then pick up the stitches around the rectangle using a circular needle. My first mistake was made by picking up too many stitches. The end result was a disaster of course. Someone even suggested that I should cover it in resin and use it for a rowboat. Yep, you know who you are Funny man. Anyway, I finally got the dammed thing knitted correctly, felted, blocked and I'd done a fair job of it. Later, I added the the funny lining and made the straps from one of my belts. One day ,at my house, Hannah noticed it and liked it. So, I gave it to her for her 16th birthday. She was gracious enough to model it for me.











That's my pocket from an old pair of jeans. I used it because it was already reinforced with it's own backing.




























Hannah asked me to make this scarf as a Christmas gift for her mom. Yep. That's Brown Sheep bulky and look at those nice poms. I used my brand new pom pon maker. It's one of my most valued tools and for a good reason. Believe me.

Hannah and her mom loved the scarf. I felt warm inside. I knitted a few gift items for Hannah last Christmas. I improved my skills in the process. It was a good thing.


Thrift store find for a dollar. Vintage Boye needle set.




It's in great condition. Only the middle length cord is missing. I'm always on the lookout for yarn and stuff but this was still a lucky find. I haven't used them yet but I'm happy to have them when I need it.



Baby Bolero from One Skein. I made this for a coworker and her new baby girl. She pulled my name from the Secret Santa drawing and bought me he book. She was surprised to get the sweater. I just knew she was looked threw the book and wondered if I'd knit anything for little Sophia. But really, she'd never even thought about it. Again, I felt a warm inside :)




Go Bears!

Oh well they lost. But Anna, my coworker, was stylin' anyway. I like this scarf it was fun to make. To bad it didn't come with a drop of luck.



I used Brown Sheep Bulky and Lion Brand.


No comments:

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...