Monday, October 03, 2005

Mini Market shopping.

I got out and about this weekend. The weather was still too hot at one hundred degrees. I had lunch with a good friend on Friday, then went shopping. I did chores around the house all evening and went to bed early. Saturday morning I went to the downtown market. I bought a skein of beautiful yarn spun by Lisa Takata. She calls it Greenjeans. I don't know what it will be yet, but for now I'm just happy to have it.



I milled around the market talking to different craft vendors, mainly beaders. I can't wait to sell my own stuff. It looks nothing like what they were selling. I don't make lampwork beads or create jewelry with it. It's pretty, but usually too heavy for the stuff I like to make. Natural stones are nice in small beads, but they are expensive. Another seller at the market made novelty pieces. They were very creative. Anyone, would want to wear her stuff or buy it as a gift. She made dangle earrings from an old fashioned weight scale numbers. She snipped the tin in sections that displayed the metric markings. It was too cute.
I left the market and met the Hartley gang at City Market Bakery. We knitted and ate delicious food. I cheated on my diet and bought a large peanut butter cookie. After that we drove to Jessica's Knits to see Illanna and shop for yarn. It was her birthday. I think she had a good a pretty good one, because she walked around the store in a contented daze just smiling.
Sunday morning, I worked like a crazy person. After work I went to Michael's with my forty percent off coupon. I bought a frame for a photo print. Yep, I actually bought a brand new frame. I didn't "acquire" it away from a Goodwill customer or deconstruct a perfectly good framed print. I can't wait to hang it on the wall.

No comments:

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...