Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Crafty Night Person

I've been staying up nights and desperately need to change my sleep cycle back to daytime. In the meantime, I read, study and make stuff. Here is a blanket square I'm working on.


I made this Chan Luu style bracelet out of leather, silk thread, and African trade beads. I thought about using the red quartz but changed my mind.


I finished it with a vintage metal button. I found the Beadaholique tutorial a few weeks ago on youtube by accident. The project has been in my brain ever since. It's perfect for a restless night owl like me. It's super easy. I think I'll make them for friends and family. I'll use rubber cord so they'll be more versatile, and not weaken in water, like leather.
I made the beading needle from fine gauge craft wire. I couldn't find my store bought ones. It worked like a charm.

The finished product!


It's so difficult to center your subject using Hipstaprint, otherwise, I love it.

Chan Luu has an interesting story. You can learn more about her in this Good Morning America! interview on youtube.

No comments:

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...