Monday, September 24, 2012

Framed Coin Art

I made this as a birthday gift and a thank you for Brenden. I got the idea from IndigoAmethyst 's post on Pinterest. I was staying in the spare bedroom at the time and had limited space, materials and tools. Abu Dhabi doesn't have craft stores, so I had to re-purpose a souvenir frame, found a tube or metal polish and glue.  I askedB. for a few coins from his collection. He was excited showing me each one. He had no idea why I wanted them, so he was speechless and almost brought to tears when I showed him the frame. I can't wait to make one for myself.

Shiny money!



2 comments:

Maury said...

If you are into this sort of thing, here's a fun site as well...

www.PennyPortrait.com

Rajan Sharma said...

This is so cute and artistic

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...