Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Wreath

I finally got the chance to create my version of the yarn ball Christmas Wreath. The inspiration for this creation was featured in the previous post. I was sad at first, because I wasn't optimistic about finding the materials to decorate it. Lucky me, I found cheap poor quality ornaments at Carrefour. I covered them with yarn. I bought the gift boxes and stuffed hearts at Ikea. The lights came from a really cool housewares store called The One. They're battery powered, so no wires to plug in . It took an hour and a half to construct. I used craft wire to attach everything. This wreath cost about $15 US Dollars to make. I made the wreath hanger from a dry cleaners wire hanger. It works perfectly. I'm really proud of it.















I'm also proud of the Christmas tree. My roommate Henry bought me the Hello Kitty ornament. Brenden sprayed the windows with fake snow. HEHE! The hanging lights are battery powered from Ikea.
I know the spire topper is crooked, but it'll have to stay as it is. It's handblown glass. It'll just break if I mess with it.



Anywho!

3 comments:

Charmaine said...

Hi Letoya, I found you on Ravelry! I live in Abu Dhabi to (Khalidiya!). We have a little knitting group called U-knitted Amiras that meets monthly. We'd love to meet you. Check out our blog.

http://u-knittedamiras.blogspot.com/

We also have a group on Ravelry called "uae knitters".
A few of us are planning to head up to Dubai on the 30th of January to meet some other knitters up there if you would like to join us.

Charmaine.

kc_froglady said...

your tree was lovely! The windows behind it make it look so regal! I hope you had a lovely Christmas!

Kii said...

It's so beautiful <3

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...