Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Swap-bot

I 'm really enjoying Swap-bot. Although I screwed up my first swap. It was the one inch button swap. I didn't know that the moderator meant pin-back buttons and not sewing buttons. So I emailed an apology to my swap partner and then sent the pin-back buttons. I was proud of myself for follow through. I never received a response from my partner/moderator. I sent at least four emails and an attached note with the new shipment of buttons. I hope she's still alive.
The sticker swap was fun, but I think that I may have offended my partners by sending them 13 year old stickers. The adhesive was beginning to break down. I added them as an extra treat. They were vintage Suzy's Zoo, so I thought anyone would be glad to have them. They still had very good usage left and were hard to give up. I also worked really hard on the Postcard Quote Swap. I collected cards mostly from book stores. But the independent book store Changing hands had the best cards. I already had a few quotes ready to copy, but since I'm such a movie fanatic, I couldn't resist adding a few of those too. I'm going to avoid joining so many swaps at one time. It's a lot harder to execute than I'd thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll get the hang of it!! Don't worry about offending anyone - anyone who wouldn't want vintage stickers is a snob and doesn't deserve them!!

Letoya said...

Thanks, you are so right.

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...