Monday, July 18, 2005

Unfufu

I made these bracelets last night. They are being modeled by Unfufu my new doll. I used a necklace that I bought from a thrift store. I disassembled it and used the lavender, blue and vermilion beads. The silver beads are round spacers. The brown beads are from Ghana. They are made from recycled glass. I like the rough look but I can't understand why they are so expensive. They cost me about $13 a strand. Maybe it's the import fee. I find it interesting that they are made from crushed glass fired in ant mounds.
Ed-Dee!

3 comments:

TrueEpicure said...

I don't see any peek-churs! :(

(I'm still laughing about Unfufu... "Ed-dee..!")

Letoya said...

Sorry bout' that.

TrueEpicure said...

No problem... They're so cute! Ed-dee!

I cast this piece years ago. It was done in a casting class, using cuttlefish bone. I'm just now doing something with it. It will be a p...